Login  * FAQ
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 11:45 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gino Martens' Press Releases
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:59 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

mammoet is nicest and isnt 1 car enough?

regards,

DaveyZ

Thomas Hendrickson is a muppet... :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:09 am 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

AD Sportwereld wrote:
June 15, Dearborn, Michigan, USA - Only a couple of days before the start of the new season, Ford has withdrawn itself from sponsoring the 07 Gino Martens Mammoet car for Inters. It was already clear that the Lites car, as little as it's going to be used, was going to be sponsored by Toyota but now also the Inters car will be a Toyota Camry 2009 version. "We're sad to hear that Ford had to withdraw itself due to the problems of the American Car Industry, but with Toyota we have a great manufacture as well," said Gino Martens. The sponsors on the car will remain the same, and Ford will be a sponsor for the Truck. "But that sponsorship was already made for the Duff Beer Cup and we're using that car for the first race, as we're not really driving many races in Trucks."

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:41 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

AD Sportwereld wrote:
Amsterdam, The Netherlands - Just before going on a well deserved brake, Martens agreed on giving a comment on the season so far and looking forward to the races Talladega until the end of the season. "I've had a good start of the season, part of the disco on Daytona Inters and the engine blown on Daytona Trucks. North Carolina, the first races, were a bit tough but challenging, and on Bristol I have a great speed. Too bad I couldn't show that in the Trucks series and get a win in the Lites series, both because of personal errors. And that's where the problems lies for me, I make too many mistakes. Am too inconcistent. So for the coming races I'm going to work on my concistency and working on winning races for Lites and getting Top 10's for Inters and Trucks, maybe top 5's for Inters. Although I'm focussing on Inters to prove my worth there, Trucks is a good learning school as well for me. In Lites I'm helping my team Whirlwind for a final time in order to win the team championship for the 4th time in row, although with great drivers as George Sokolowski, Jeff Johnstone and not to forget Mike Cooper, they probably don't need my help :P.

Anyway, I'm off to Havana and will be back for the Talladega races starting Lites. Have fun in the meanwhile ;)"

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:43 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

La Juventud Rebelde wrote:
Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba - After a hot week (and it can be hot here, damn :P), Gino Martens has decided to leave a message from Cuba. "I've read some messages and race reports and have seen that in the Inters races not many drivers have finished :shock: . Anyway, I'm glad there is internet here even if it is only 50kb/s :P"

"I do miss racing being here, so I can't wait to be back and race again. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen until the 2nd week of august so I have to wait for a while."

There is some news as well about the car: "Yep, we've worked together with shell for a while to see if it's possible to install a hybrid engine in our cars, and we've got our first test results and they're looking good. And the way it's progressing at this point, we might be able to race Talladega with an hybrid engine :D"

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:12 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

AD Sportwereld wrote:
The Hague - A great season has come to an end, and teams are making themselves up for the new winter 2010 season. This season everything changes: the three leagues of V8Thunder have been replaces by a Trohpy Nascar 2003 racing league and an Trucks iRacing league. It's in the Trophy league where Gino Martens is going to participate in.

However, another change is coming here. Gino Martens isn't going to drive for the Whirlwind Racing Team in Trophy, but he has made the step to Team Ecosse. Gino Martens: "I was ready for the next step, and I will always keep in touch with my Whirlwind Teamies!. Team Ecosse has also offered me a place in the WTCC team starting in March of 2010, but I'm still considering the options as I don't know whether I'm ready for racing in touringcars."

So the countdown for the Winter 2010 season has begun, with already different drivers showing their new cars and making some practice laps. Here's a preview of Martens' car:

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:18 pm 
Site Admin

That's a nice tidy car Gino, bit like Bisch's ARSEnal car but that's no bad thing, lol.

Andrew Jones - #77, shifts permitting.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:41 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

Have to say I stole the idea from him lol :P. :flag: :welcome:

Would be funny to have two of those cars competing not? :P

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:54 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

Gino Martens has come with a new car for the winter of 2010 Trophy series after his Aegon car. However, this car is an unique one, Martens said. "The sponsor of this car, radio 555, was an coöperation of several public and commercial radio stations in the Netherlands to hold a fund raising for Haïti. Radio 555 did the fund raising for Giro 555, which is a coöperation between several charities as Unicef and Cordaid, and they brought together around € 10.000.000,-. The whole action brought together like € 80.000.000,-, but the most money was brought together for Indonesia in 2004. Then they made the huge amount of more than € 200.000.000,-."

But that's not the only change Martens has made in his car. "Well, we have finally finished the research of Hybrid cars and we're going to drive the Ford Fusion Hybrid 2010 Nascar Racing Car (NRC). We'll see how it goes and continue to improve the results of the Hybrid car."

Here are the pics:

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:16 pm 
1000+ posts! I'm a V8T nutter!

Top idee!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Part time Farewell
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:56 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

Part Time Farewell

Dear v8thunders friends,

the last weeks I haven't really got the opportunity to drive many races and the situation is not really going to improve the coming weeks. Therefore I'm already saying a sort of goodbye. Not that I'm going to leave V8Thunder already, or ever maybe, but I'm just not going to be driving a lot of races at this moment. I hope this will improve soon, but it's very hard for me to make the thursdays (just like any other weekday really). I also don't have a lot of time then to practice for the races, so my racing skills have already dropped a lot.

Anyway, it was a real pleasure to drive with you all, and I will keep coming every now and then and will try to read some articles on the forums every now and then as well.

Whish you all the best,

Gino Martens

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:17 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

One more time

For the time being, Talladega will probably my last race this season for V8 Thunder and after that the future remains very unsure, I hope to see a lot of you there. It's not for 100% sure tho.

Cheers

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

Post subject: FAREWELL
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:28 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

The decision has been made, I'm going to leave V8 Thunder for a while.

I've had a great time here racing a lot of races with great people, but the time has come to call it a day. Overloaded with work, study and other personal things I can't find the time anymore to race once a week with you guys. Therefore I will drive one last race on Talladega coming thursday; the track where I won my first 2 races ever on V8 Thunder. Ill will drive this race in an updated car to the Radio 555 car, which means you'll get to see the Radio 555 car if you don't download this car.

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/21307262/GM07W10R555.cup.car

It begun more than 3 years ago, when Davey Zoutenbier introduced me to V8 Thunder and Nascar racing. After practicing in november and december 2007, I started racing in Lites in jaunary 2008 as an independent driver. While Davey went to Team Ecosse, I got an invitation from Whirlwind Racing Team by David West. I accepted this invitation with honour and that was the begin of a golden time.

We won 4 consecutive team championships in Lites, me being actively involved in the first 3 (the last one was made by Mike Cooper and George Sokolowski). Through these seasons, Team Ecosse became a real possibility for me to go to driving Trucks and later maybe Inters/Trophy, but when that time came I already didn’t have that much time to drive and practice.

This season was to be my last one for V8 Thunder, but it were very busy months and the coming months aren’t going to be any better, so it became time for me to start preparing for saying farewell. That time has come now.

I again whish you guys all the best and I’ll do my best to visit every now and then to see how is goes here, and maybe in a far future I’ll find the time again to do some races. But for now, I’ll have to say farewell!!!

Again the link to my updated car in my favorite colour: ORANGE
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/21307262/GM07W10R555.cup.car

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:16 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry to see you go Gino but yeah real life can throw stuff at you sometimes :)

I've been having some tech problems lately but I hope to see you on Thursday.

All the best :flag:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Final Car Release
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:42 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

Final Car Release

Here is the final car as I've promised to drive in this last race.

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:37 pm 

And please take the right lanes!! :rofl:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:34 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

Erwin Greven wrote:

Left right? :P

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:41 pm 
500 Champion!
500 Champion!

Erwin Greven wrote:

:lmao:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:10 am 
Site Admin

Gino, you are sorely missed. This is a classic thread, when you turned the plane around...

anyway, come back any time bud.

Andrew Jones - #77, shifts permitting.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:30 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

Quote:
NEWS FROM THE NETHERLANDS

With the news being spread that both Davey and I will be returning to V8, a sneak preview can be found for the new car. This car is not the definite car for the (next) season, but will be used during the testing seasons within the next few weeks.

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:14 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

Quote:
Car Gino Martens for Summer/Autumn 2012 sneak preview

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next