Login  * FAQ
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 12:22 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Gino Martens' Press Releases
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:36 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

April 26th, Mexico City - Gino Martens has released the latest story of the sponsorships. "Since the last time we made a release, a lot has changed." Martens refers to the fact that Mammoet has bought the whole team. Rabobank has dropped the sponsorship with immediate effect, and Ahold, Heineken, NOS, Siemens, Betatools and AD Sportwereld made the transition to associate sponsors, each with a budget of 500k/season. Only Robeco stayed as a look-a-like primary sponsor, but with 3.6 million they've only managed to buy the interseasonal Duff Beer Truck. "Robeco is now our Major Associate, and they got our Duff Beer Truck for that. The whole pitcrew, car and even homebuilding has been transfered to Mammoet. And that is reasonable, since they're paying 25 million for each season."

Gino Martens is glad they came to a solution: "The last time, we had some negotiations left to do with our sponsors and we managed to get everything into place." Not only did he manage to gain some good commercial sponsors, also a non-profit organisation has entered the team. "Well, we were already busy with this one for a long time, to be exact since summer 2008. Why did it take so long? We wanted to be absolutely sure about this signing, and after seeing Erwin Greven signing on with a charity, our charity was easier to convince to sign on with us." War Child is, starting next season, official partner of Gino Martens.

Now about the ambitions of next season. "We of course have heard about the new licence rules, and therefore we are going to join Inters instead of Trucks next season. Of course, this was a huge factor of the decision of Mammoet to sign on with us. They wanted to show off in the highest league available, and as soon as they heard we were allowed to drive Inters, they contacted us and made this fantastic deal with us."

"Also, we've already managed to finish the car for the Inters season and practiced some time in Mexico City, where we will be racing for the first round of the Duff Beer Cup."

Taking a drift in Mexico City

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

Post subject: Re: Gino Martens' Press Releases
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:40 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

Amsterdam, The Netherlands - "Duff Beer Cup has been canceled. That's the first new we heard this afternoon, and we took our first plane back to Holland." Gino Martens really wanted to race in this interseasonal Cup, but there where not enough entries for the Cup. "Too bad, but that's reality. We still have the Bash Frenzy on thursday, and I really hope there will be enpugh entries for that one." Gino Martens went back to Holland to pick up the #17 OWR Car. "It's a nice one, blue and white. Of course we need a different plane to get that car in to, but this one was the fastest available. only 5 hours from Mexico to Holland, so that's very quick and we can be back in the United States on thursday morning right after we've picked up our car." Photo: Gino Martens arriving in Holland in the SST Europe KLM.

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:45 pm 
Site Admin

:shock: I've created a monster! :lol:

Andrew Jones - #77, shifts permitting.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:48 pm 
1000+ posts! I'm a V8T nutter!

Hopefully we don't have the flu!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:27 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

Erwin Greven wrote:
Hopefully we don't have the flu!!!

hahahaha :twisted: , I bring the flu with me lol :P

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:37 am 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

Amsterdam, The Netherlands - Duff Beer Cup goes on. Gino Martens heard this new this morning and packed his bags (and cars) into the plane and left. "We have no time for practice and no time for anymore delay, this plane will take 14 hours for arrive in Mexico City, fortunately the time is 8 hours back so we will arrive around 5 pm local time."

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:43 am 
Site Admin

I am liking this, Gino!

For the record, AJI will email the Hauler to the track, then download the truck into the garage. However, first I must download the track! Not easy since I am at work until 18:00.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:30 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

I hope you'll be there tho ;)

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

ginomartens wrote:
I hope you'll be there tho ;)

In that spirit, I hope you're not catching an early flight out of Mexico! Good luck, buddy.

Post subject: Goodbye for the time being...
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:13 am 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

The Hague, The Netherlands - After some hilarious races in the bashfrenzy competition of 2009 and a good win at Mexico City for the Duff Beer Cup, it's time to say goodbye. "It's not perminent, and I've told some guys the news already, but I would like to state in an official press release that I will be out of running until the 1st of june. Some big days are coming up for me and I need to focus on those goals. I've come to an agreement with all of my sponsors, and in Juni I'll be back as I've never been gone."

Flying together with Mike Cooper at Bristol Hills in the bashfrenzy: Gino Martens won this race although "I have no clue how".

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:16 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

good luck with the special days coming up!

Join Planet Robby at: http://robbyworld.ning.com/ for the latest on the biggest waste of openwheel talent!

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:35 pm 
Site Admin

Best of luck, Gino. See you when you get back.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:15 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

AD Sportwereld wrote:
The Hague, The Netherlands - The season has come to a definite and with the award ceremony and Gino Martens didn't come out too bad. Whirlwind took the title for the 3rd time in a row and with the Netherlands he even took a second place, together with Erwin Greven. "It's nice we got a 2nd place there, since we're only with two of us. But I am more proud of the team's 3rd consecutive title, especially because we had some setbacks this season. I couldn't race for over 6 races, but Mike, Jeff and George took over really well. If you have in mind that the first team title was one made by Joonas, George and myself, in this 3rd season only George was in the champion team out of the three of us. I can't say I really contributed towards it."

Coming season will be fresh one as Gino will be racing the Inters series. "Im definitely going for the rookie championship yes, it's my last chance ever as I already have driven Trucks and Lites. And you know what they say: the 3rd time will be the good one :D

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:04 am 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

The Hague, the Netherlands - After a long period of drawing, building, painting, repainting and sometimes even rebuilding, the new car of the Summer 2009 season for the V8 Thunder Inters series has finally arrived. "When we saw this car for the first time, we already liked it. Now it's finished and we even like it better than the first time. With our new sponsor, Mammoet, which is all over the car lol, we can definitely conquer the other rookies in the new season."

The new schedule also arrived, and Gino Martens liked it. "Yeah, it has a great number of traditional tracks like Bristol, Atlanta and Dover, but also the two Superspeedways Daytona and Talladega are in it and we even have the chance to drive on the Daytona Road Course. We've practiced there a lot already, but never drove a race on it so that will be great fun."

Render by Ian Smiff

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:16 am 

Looks great!! :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:46 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

Erwin Greven wrote:
Looks great!! :D

funny part is, I just saw a mistake lol :P. The lines at the back seem to not match, although in carviewer it looked like they did. Anyway, not going to take the effort to correct it, I like it the way it is. First car I made myself, and going to drive with in a seasonal series. (just outcluded the OWR car:P) O, and think about my proposal ;)

EDIT: just heard the lines are not matching because you can only fit the template on a chevy, which this car isn't lol :P

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:15 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

AD Sportwereld wrote:
The Hague, The Netherlands - Royal Dutch Shell is going to provide the pitstops for Gino Martens next season, a spokesperson of Shell said in an interview. "It was already clear that we would provide the gas, but now we got the whole pitstal." Gino Martens said he was happy with the choice of Shell to help him out next season in his rookie year in the Inters Series. "We can only be glad with the experience Shell can give us and with a huge company like Shell, we can certainly give it a shot on the Rookie title next season, though we might have to miss a couple of races." Everything has already settled down for the coming season, also in which team Gino is going to race. "We had a good talk with team Ecosse and Whirlwind, and it seemed the best for everyone if I drive my rookie year for Whirlwind to take away some of the pressure. We're going to get around the table again at the end of the season to see where I am."

Other news is that Shell is not only going to provide all the pitstops and gas, they are also working on a new type of fuel. "At this moment we're just in an oriëntating stage, but we have the plan to work on a hybrid Nascar racing vehicle together with Spyker. It's either that or we're going to biogas, but all of this would be possible not before next season so we still have some time." Untill that time, Shell is just going to work with V-Power. "It's the best gas we have at this moment, but it still polutes too much so we have to work on new gas."

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:14 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

AD Sportwereld wrote:
The Hague, The Netherlands - Gino Martens announces that his team is going to be upgraded with four other cars. Next to Mammoet, the owner of the Inters Summer 2009 Car, KLM, Heineken, Shell and Nederland have created a car based on the first design. "We're very happy we now have five cars, and we're negotiating which car is going to participate in the Lites League. Though we're not going to be there every week, we're going to attend the first races and also the Richmond races in october which are the 1000st race of V8 Thunder Online."

The five cars of Gino Martens

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:29 pm 
Site Admin

Heineken car? Hmm, I remember those days with a fondness, the #20 with it's endless supply of alcohol based sponsors. :D

Nice painting, Gino.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:32 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

ajayy77 wrote:
Heineken car? Hmm, I remember those days with a fondness, the #20 with it's endless supply of alcohol based sponsors. :D

Nice painting, Gino.

lol :P yeah, just used the base scheme, changed colours and sponsors. Have absolutely no life I know :P

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next