Login  * FAQ
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 1:26 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Gino Martens' Season Release
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:44 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

The Hague, Holland, 31th December 2008 - The end of another sensational season, this time being part of the spectacle until the last race of it. All this ended a bit weird, but it was a fair result. Sergey had led most laps, won most races and is thus the champion. Me being in second might be a little surprising, since I didn't win many races, but Nascar isn't always about winning races: it's about how many races you can finish. We've seen that several moments, just fractions of seconds, are important for the whole championship and might ruin it all. Daytona and twice at Talladega were those moments for me.

Talladega, everyone should remember, was not my best track this season. Having won it in the summer, in the autumn it's a complete different track. Handling is different, and thus drafting is very dangerous on it. Twice I lost it while trying to draft, twice my own fault.

Daytona was maybe not entirely my fault, I made a descicion which was not the best one: overtaking on the outside. Normalyy I only overtake on the outside at the front or when there is no other opportunity, here I was just a bit impatient and that is what I had to pay for.

But, things are over and it's time to look to the bright future. Having a 4th and a 2nd place over the last 2 season, twice a team championship and a good team to rely on I can go forward in the Lites division. Up for another battle for the championship, because it was really fun to do and despite having lost the battle, it keeps me wanting more of it.

Next season: I will be driving in Lites and Lites only. Previous messages has led me to say that I'm going for Trucks this season, but I'm not. Maybe I will drive some tracks, but not more than that. Lites is the focus. Therefore I'm keeping my old car and sponsors, even Rabobank after the credit crunch. ;) They weren't hit that hard by it and could profit from other banks falling and losing clients ;)

See you all next season, hoping for another fun (and restless) season :P

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

Post subject: Re: Gino Martens' Season Release
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:56 pm 
1000+ posts! I'm a V8T nutter!

Love to see you in Trucks more Gino :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:59 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

I know I know, but at this moment wednesdays are not free for me :( Will try to come sometimes ;)

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:55 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

Quote:
Den Haag - Gino Martens has decided to take the foot off the gas for the remainder of the season. Due to both technical and time problems he has not been able to drive the last races and he is not expected to be back within several weeks.

When we spoke to Gino Martens, he said the following: “From the beginning of the season I felt the technical problems, but in the first race it was not really obvious. The second race, however, I was forced to retreat and this has not been improved since.”

This season was said to be his season, ending up second behind Sergey Rebrov (who has promoted and thus left the Lites series) and winning the team championship for 2 times in a row. “I feel very sorry for the team, this really feels like I let the team down. Fortunately we have very strong drivers and we form a good team, and with Mike Cooper and George Sokolowski we have 2 drivers who can win a race and get points for the team. And, not unimportant, they don’t miss a race.”

“I am happy that the team is still on the first place, and I hope to be back somewhere in march so I can help the team in the last races. But it will be very difficult, since it’s getting busier and busier as we’re coming closer to May. (that’s when I have my final exams) Though the technical problems can be solved within 2 weeks, all the exams I have now and last until week 12 cannot be solved earlier”

For the remainder of the season, Gino hopes that his team can maintain the title and he hopes to be back very soon.

ANP

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:39 am 
Fastest Lap!
Fastest Lap!

i wish you the best of luck in your exams gino!

i still got 2 years to wait :D

#45 SRDAJI LegoRacing Chevy - Lites & Trucks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:12 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

Yeah thanks

Anyway, the tech problems seem to have disappeared now so I'm able to race again well, if I have the time of course but now if I do I at least know my computer is available to

Cheers

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:28 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

welcome back m8.. ;) (Y) talk to you on the phone.. :)

Thomas Hendrickson is a muppet... :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:02 pm 

Great to hear you have solved (?) the problems with the computer.
Hopelijk tot morgen op het circuit van Mallory!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:38 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

Hate the track, luckily I still have another week to practice :S

#07 Gino Martens

image image image

[ 9 posts ]