Login  * FAQ
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 12:21 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: SRD AJI Press Releases
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

Ford to increase backing?

-- Homestead, FL

Rumours abound that Ford Motor Company and Andrew Jones Inc. have been in discussions this week about possibly expanding the Lites involvement to a multi-car team for the upcoming winter season. It has been known for a while that Ford was unhappy that Jones was the manufacturer's sole representative in Lites; it seems that despite the current financial crisis the automotive giant finds itself in, it's commitment to Stock Car racing is strong.

More news when it becomes available...

Andrew Jones - #77, shifts permitting.

Post subject: Re: Andrew Jones Inc. Press Releases
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

Dharma Initiative to Sponsor #20

--Phoenix, Az

Jones Racing today unveiled the truck the #20 team will run at Phoenix in next week's V8 Thunder World Championship. During a media session prior to shakedown testing at PIR, the mysterious Dharma Initiative were announced as the main sponsor for the Phoenix event, with Hanso Foundation and Oceanic Airlines also backing the team.
Team owner Andrew Jones said "The deal was done late for this race; with the worldwide economic crisis we were glad to be able to put sponsors on the truck, it has enabled us to launch our truck program. I don't know much about the Drama [sic] Initiative, they said something about doing a promotional visit to an island in the south pacific, I guess there could be worse places to visit. I asked for more information about them but they just told me to get lost! But, to be honest, I'm just happy to be able to race."
When asked about his chances at Phoenix, Jones said "Last time at PIR was a learning experience; we were fresh off a great run at Martinsville and had high expectations but we got more penalty points that evening than we did all this season! The track is great; there is time to be made up by the driver here, drafting isn't so much of an issue. We always seem to do well on the short tracks and the miles, hopefully we'll get a good run and stay out of trouble. I really hope we can have that Oceanic Airlines sticker on the quarter panel and not crash!"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:05 pm 
Pole Sitter
Pole Sitter

Hmmm, Dharma Initiative to Sponsor #20

If I remember about the Dharma Initiative correctly, you better stick to short ovals.

Long ones? you may get lost part way round! :lol:

J

#61 Jeff Johnstone, Whirlwind Racing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:51 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

That truck is actually a magnetic bunker :wink:

Join Planet Robby at: http://robbyworld.ning.com/ for the latest on the biggest waste of openwheel talent!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:53 pm 
Site Admin

Nice truck, I love Lost. Looking forward to see who your new teamie will be. Always good to have new teams :D

You probably should change your number to one of these and sign David B ;)

4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42. Maybe when you get promoted sign up Carl and Martin.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:52 pm 
Site Admin

SteveS wrote:
Nice truck, I love Lost. Looking forward to see who your new teamie will be. Always good to have new teams :D

You probably should change your number to one of these and sign David B ;)

4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42. Maybe when you get promoted sign up Carl and Martin.

If I could change my number, I'd want #77.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:05 pm 
Site Admin

Eek, #77 is still warm and twitching!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:05 pm 
Site Admin

ajayy77 wrote:
If I could change my number, I'd want #77.

you sure? :shock:

#8 - Ian Smythe.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:49 pm 
Site Admin

77 is the only number that means anything, look at my forum name. I have gotten used to the 20, but despite the dark cloud it's under, I would like to eventually run the #77.

To this day, my 5 year old daughter asks me "why are you driving that 20 car; your car is 77".

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:11 pm 
Site Admin

Cracking Talking Heads album ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:01 pm 
Site Admin

SteveS wrote:
Cracking Talking Heads album ;)

wrong thread twit. you need this one:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=778&start=300

#8 - Ian Smythe.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:05 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry Ian, that went over your head and now we're way off topic:

(soz for hotlink)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:07 pm 
Site Admin

:LOL: :oops: I'll stick to stirring up the vmax thread then hehe

#8 - Ian Smythe.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:43 pm 
Site Admin

#20 to miss World Championship race.

--Phoenix, Az

Jones Racing regretfully announce that the #20 Dharma Initiative Ford F-Series Truck will not run at this evening's V8 Thunder World Championship. During practice this afternoon at Phoenix International Raceway, Team owner/driver Andrew Jones crashed heavily in turn 4. The truck rookie first hit the outside wall, before spinning back to hit the inside wall close to the pit entry. The wreck is still under investigation, although spotters believe a flat front right tire may have caused it. Jones had to be helped from the car, still bruised from last week's wreck at Homestead in the Lites final. Whilst he claimed he was fine and would be able to race, AJayy was dismayed to learn that Ford did not have the spares needed to fix the truck, which had serious damage to both chassis and engine.

Team owner Andrew Jones - "It's a shame but we won't be competing for a World Title tonight. The whole team is disappointed that Ford didn't have the spares here at the track, obviously they have big worries at the moment with the state of the American car market, but they have dropped the ball here. I really hope things get better for Ford, but if they don't get better for us we might have to talk to someone else. I am in the process of expansion; without the support of the manufacturer I cannot do this alone, I have a driver signed and will announce as soon as sponsors are confirmed. I'm sorry to the Dharma Initiative, they believed in me and I have let them down. This was a single race deal. What chance do I have to get them to come back for more if I can't even get into the race? I have a sponsor for Lites next season. I may be able to run a limited truck program for myself but this kind of result makes a full time sponsor much harder to find."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:43 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

ajayy77 wrote:

--Phoenix, Az

Jones Racing regretfully announce that the #20 Dharma Initiative Ford F-Series Truck will not run at this evening's V8 Thunder World Championship. During practice this afternoon at Phoenix International Raceway, Team owner/driver Andrew Jones crashed heavily in turn 4. The truck rookie first hit the outside wall, before spinning back to hit the inside wall close to the pit entry. The wreck is still under investigation, although spotters believe a flat front right tire may have caused it. Jones had to be helped from the car, still bruised from last week's wreck at Homestead in the Lites final. Whilst he claimed he was fine and would be able to race, AJayy was dismayed to learn that Ford did not have the spares needed to fix the truck, which had serious damage to both chassis and engine.

Team owner Andrew Jones - "It's a shame but we won't be competing for a World Title tonight. The whole team is disappointed that Ford didn't have the spares here at the track, obviously they have big worries at the moment with the state of the American car market, but they have dropped the ball here. I really hope things get better for Ford, but if they don't get better for us we might have to talk to someone else. I am in the process of expansion; without the support of the manufacturer I cannot do this alone, I have a driver signed and will announce as soon as sponsors are confirmed. I'm sorry to the Dharma Initiative, they believed in me and I have let them down. This was a single race deal. What chance do I have to get them to come back for more if I can't even get into the race? I have a sponsor for Lites next season. I may be able to run a limited truck program for myself but this kind of result makes a full time sponsor much harder to find."

I take it your busy then :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:19 pm 
Site Admin

deano_1007 wrote:
ajayy77 wrote:

--Phoenix, Az

I take it your busy then :)

It didn't help our participation when work phoned wanting me to work tonight ;)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:39 pm 
Site Admin

AJI announce driver roster for Winter 2009

--Mooresville, NC

Andrew Jones, Inc. would like to announce it's expanded driver line-up for the upcoming season. Joining team founder and #20 driver Andrew Jones will be fellow Brit David Bischoff and Aussie Stephen Jones. Bischoff will drive the #4 Ford with sponsorship to be confirmed, while Stephen Jones will bring his long-time sponsor to the #45 Lego Ford. The team plan to run full schedules in the V8 Thunder Lites championship and (if funding is forthcoming and license upgrades pending) also V8 Thunder Trucks.

Team Owner Andrew Jones "I have signed the drivers that I wanted for the upcoming season. I consider these two guys to be the best free agents on the market, they were the only drivers on my short-list and I am overjoyed to have signed what I believe will be a team that can contest the championship. I made my moves early to help the marketing boys finalise the sponsorship on the #4 and #20 and also the truck program; no doubt these signings will be seen as a statement of intent on our part."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:02 pm 
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

SteveS wrote:

We need andrew to save the dreaded number 77 and turn it a familiar number for good reasons :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:42 pm 
Site Admin

davidb30 wrote:
SteveS wrote:

We need andrew to save the dreaded number 77 and turn it a familiar number for good reasons :D

Yes. #77, turn from the dark side lol.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:45 pm 
1000+ posts! I'm a V8T nutter!
1000+ posts! I'm a V8T nutter!

yep, please. the #77 was like a red flag to me. Good to learn late that Marcus was Joonas... When i look back what happened at Pocono at the first lap.

Profile E-mail  

[ 128 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next