Login  * FAQ
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: NR2003 / network / server known issues FAQ
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:05 pm 
Site Admin

Problem: The game crashes when clicking "Drive" offline, or won't run with Windows Vista/7/8.
Solution: Use the no-cd-exe from gamecopyworld - further details here.

---------------------------------------------------

Problem: The game crashes when clicking "Drive" online, but is fine offline.
Solution: Make the necessary changes to your core.ini as detailed here. - the specific line that is causing your CTD is the line net_use_mdm_bandwidth_for_tcp_ip=1 should read net_use_mdm_bandwidth_for_tcp_ip=0

Problem: Unable to connect to the server.
Solution: Assuming the server is on, make sure you have the correct IP address.

In addition, if using Malwarebytes, disable the feature "website blocking" in it before connecting to the server:
Erwin Greven wrote:
It is Malwarebytes that blocks the connection between the server and my pc.

They added website blocking. A few weeks ago Malwarebytes wanted to put the V8 network fix in the quarantine.

When i reinstalled the NR2k3 program it did the same again. I had to disable MWB to install the program. When i want to go to the V8 Server i need to disable website blocking.

Problem: Virgin Media "Superhub" keeps warping/dropping connection.
Solution: Change the superhub configuration to "Modem" mode, it will stop the superhub switching between DOCIS protocols, which in turn will make the connection more stable, the default superhub configuration is "speed first stability second priority" changing it to "Modem" mode tells it to prioritise a stable connection over outright speed.

Also while you're at it, disable "Flood Control" in the configuration too, that'll stop random disconnections are long periods of stable connection.

Problem: Online, game crashes under caution when exiting pits, or shortly after taking caution.
Solution: working on it, but this is related to the "line up behind the" spotter sound in the JJ48 Spotter Pack available from dwarehouse.com - will post a replacement sound file shortly.

Feel Free to add known issues & solutions yourself - please no questions, start a new thread - please keep this thread a "solutions only" one. Random yabber will be deleted.

#8 - Ian Smythe.

[ 1 post ]