Login  * FAQ
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: NR 2003 game crash
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:27 pm 
Site Admin

OpenGL is shit, but enabling it can help diagnose the problem, which it has (something else is the problem).

Uninstall camhack, there are other ways to change the fov, I'd say it could be that dll you installed is causing the issues, but it's hard to diagnose.

Are you wanting a wider, or tighter POV?

#8 - Ian Smythe.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:53 pm 
Pole Sitter
Pole Sitter

Uninstalled the .dll last night but didnt seem to help on the direct3d side. Still not correctly picking up the drivers :( Yeah wanted to tighten it up or move the view forward

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:54 pm 
Site Admin

I'm not sure what to suggest sorry short of a complete re-install, sorry.

Windoze still get's FUBAR for no apparent reason, I've had to do my sons laptop twice since it just grinds to a halt for no reason.

#8 - Ian Smythe.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:13 pm 
Pole Sitter
Pole Sitter

Ian-S wrote:
I'm not sure what to suggest sorry short of a complete re-install, sorry.

Windoze still get's FUBAR for no apparent reason, I've had to do my sons laptop twice since it just grinds to a halt for no reason.

Appreciate the assistance :adore: :drunk:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:51 pm 
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

leD00m wrote:
Hi Ian,

Updated my graphics drivers, now the game runs ok but it still does the graphics config each time i click testing/single race/etc. I've applied the anisotropic settings in the Nvidia control panel so it looks half decent but got all the blurry liveries in game because it keeps changing the core and rend files :(

Let me take a guess... You got a new Nvidia GTX 1070 or 1080 card? Correct? I just finished building a new rig with Windows 10 - 64 bit with the anniversary update. Part of my new rig was the purchase of a 1070 card. Everything you're describing happened to me and now I'm reading where it's happening with many others who have Win10 and a 1070 or 1080 card and are trying to use it to run NR2003.

The problem is a software issue regarding the drivers and not a Windows 10 issue (at least not totally). Nvidia, like most companies who make these graphics cards (AMD, etc.), make them for the current day games, not a 13 year old sim like NR2003. Eventually Nvidia will probably fix the issue with the driver for these new cards, but that may take some time.

I tried to get mine to work for 3 days before finally giving up and putting the GTS 250 Nvidia card from my old XP computer in my new Windows 10 rig. The good news is that it works fine with Windows 10 and I'm getting better frame rates than my old XP rig. This will have to serve as a temporary solution for me to still be able to run NR2003 until Nvidia sorts out the software issues in the drivers for the new 1070 and 1080 cards. I'm considering looking into whether or not Newegg will allow me to return the card for a refund (it cost me $435). If so, I'll probably return it and get an AMD card (such as the R9390) which I'm told will work fine on Windows 10 for NR2003.

I'm also being told that Nvidia has kind of fallen off recently and AMD Radeon has surged ahead in the graphics card arena.

#78 J.R. Franklin

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:36 pm 
Pole Sitter
Pole Sitter

J.R.Franklin wrote:
leD00m wrote:
Let me take a guess... You got a new Nvidia GTX 1070 or 1080 card? Correct? I just finished building a new rig with Windows 10 - 64 bit with the anniversary update. Part of my new rig was the purchase of a 1070 card. Everything you're describing happened to me and now I'm reading where it's happening with many others who have Win10 and a 1070 or 1080 card and are trying to use it to run NR2003.

I'm actually running the same Nvidia 960 I've been running for the past year :( I did update the drivers but even going back to the old ones doesn't fix anything :( Thanks for the input though! I do have my old card which I could drop in, might give that a go!

Cheers

Dom

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:49 am 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

hey, just saw that in the release notes of new NVIDIA drivers:

Windows 8.1/Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows 10 Fixed Issues
 [368.69, GP104] High DPC (Deferred Procedure Call) latency after upgrading to
GeForce GTX 1080. [1785539]

I have a feeling that's related to your problem.
good luck

#87 - Fabian

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:34 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

are those files maybe have read only selected. try to turn it off.

or try reinstalling game
or try to install new somewhere else and try to run it, leave old game.

ups. didnt see this topic have page 2

vMaxSanjin Haler #68
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing 
www.vMaxSR.com

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2