Login  * FAQ
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: The Great NASCAR 2017 Season Topic. (SPOILER ALERT)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:46 pm 
1000+ posts! I'm a V8T nutter!

True, it must also be considered it was 2 to go or so at Mville and Hamlin was within reach of a win. You just sometimes make an impulsive move in order to not let that chance slip away.

Definitely one of the mor memorable race of the year. Also had kind of a Bristol night race atmosphere, so nice they added lights to the track.

Chase Elliott is like "I got wrecked at Mville, feel sorry for me, because that never happened to anyone"

Cry me an effin river :roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:08 pm 
Pole Sitter
Pole Sitter

Id say Chase rubbed Kes, rubbing is racing. What Hamlin to Chase did was more of a total wipeout, and thats just not fair

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:54 am 

Pretty sad weekend for NASCAR once again. I mean, Kenseth no ride next year? Just out of here like that?
Instead you got guys around who have never shown anything, like Trevor Bayne, who just lucked into one 500 Victory.
And what about Almirola? Why does that guy get a ride with SHR? Does he have some deep pockets like Suarez's Father or so?
Instead you have this massive influx of new drivers, most of who will probably fail to meet expectations.
What's a Xfinity series win worth anyway without cup guys competing? Not nearly as much, it distorts the whole picture.
Darrel Wallace is overrated, gets a ride
William Byron just stopped wetting the bed, gets a ride
Even Kasey Kahne gets one, who hasnt performed ever since I cant even remember, I mean, talk about being toast.
I dont normally care too much when the driver caroussel spins, but when giants like Kenseth ask for a ride, you should hear buttkickings throughout the garage.

If that is really it for Kenseth and with Junior done too, then there are only like 5 Winston Cup era guys left in the entire grid, which would be
Harvick, Johnson, Kurt Busch, Newman and McMurray.

I dont get anyway why Joe Gibbs didnt resign Kenseth. Kind of an a-hole move tbh.
Erik Jones? Give me a break.

Well, I'll give'em all a few years, I usually come around on new drivers :lol:

But what the eff, man. Why not replace stuff with subpar sh!t in all areas of life?
If Almirola, Bayne, and a bunch of personality-crushed highschool seniors are just as good as Matt Kenseth, then eff it all, we might as well do that.
Ahh eff it, this was probably the last fulltime season NASCAR got to put on anyway, I doubt they'll make it another full year.
But don't you dare starting next year Daytona 500 without Michael Waltrip in the field, you hear me NASCAR?
Can't have that happen.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:25 pm 
Pole Sitter
Pole Sitter

Kiddies bring the big bucks unfortunately. Talent means nothing anymore if you can bring buckets of money along with you. Biffle, Edwards and Kenseth should start a breakaway team!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:04 pm 

Exactly the problem, the barrier to entry in the cup series is way too high.
But it is in its entirety a much more complex problem that began decades ago as we all know.
It almost seems like NASCAR tore themselves apart on purpose and just milked the cashmachine for all they could on the way to the dumpster.

Its probably also about salaries. These young fresh meat driver cost less in that regard.
But you'd think a guy like Kenseth would have the competetive advantage here as well. He has earned more than enough over his career, so if he really wanted, he could drive for a fraction of his former salaries. He'd still make good chunks in bonuses, if he drove successfully.

NASCAR did a bad job managing this huge correction that succeeded its even bigger growth period.
In refusing to shrink they overserve their audience.
Instead they should scrap about 8 races off the schedule, shut down the truck series and reduce costs at all costs.
But they had to handcuff themselves into contracts for decades.
NASCAR would make a great example for any business lecture to show how it's not done.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:37 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

Pretty poor race last night I thought. Had to wait until the last 50 or so laps for any entertainment.

I think the stages have worked in some races, particularly at the superspeedways but largely they haven't met their objective which was to provide more entertainment in the middle parts of the race. Sadly reports will only talk about what happened at the end *not providing any spoilers*, painting a picture of dramatic race where really it was far from it.

Maybe NASCAR should add another stage to each race and award points for the top 20, increasing the amount of playoff points awarded for winning a stage as well - give them more to race for rather than just using them as practice sessions.

Or have 3 separate races altogether - 2 heats and a final and award full points for each one.

#14 Cheetos Chevrolet Camaro (Trophy)
SRD International

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:58 am 

Well, there are a lot of series that do things like that, but the cup series races are supposed to be long, and stages should be eliminated altogether.
The bonus points for stage wins are pretty high already. Truex was basically through every round just on that.
Winning is rewarded more than enough imo, maybe even overly rewarded.

Well, Im just glad Kenseth got another victory, hopefully one more next weekend. :flag:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:08 pm 
Racing For Position
Racing For Position

finally watched the season. :rofl:

wow, didn't think Hamlin would be that.... un-smart. You could see it comming a mile away... just get the friggin 14 points home.. :lmao:
well, after that move in Martinsville (imho all the excuses and apologies = b*****t :lol: ) not crying after him.

anyway, with the dominance on the 1.5 miles I think the right guy and the right team won. :podium:
Glad though that he didn't dominate this race; with the play off drivers bunched together for the most part of the race, I think that was a worthy finish to the season.
nobody looses a word about them probably but tell you, Keselowsky/Wolf making their way into the final race and running even in the top 5 at times was actually a huge effort, considering the pace they showed during most of the season. :flag05:

#87 - Fabian

Profile E-mail  

[ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7