Login  * FAQ
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Great NASCAR 2014 Season Topic. (SPOILER ALERT)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:46 pm 
Site Admin

I believe it's NASCAR are testing the less power, more downforce package, while the RTA are testing the less downforce, more HP + weight jacker formula.

#8 - Ian Smythe.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:17 pm 
1000+ posts! I'm a V8T nutter!

Teams should just split from NASCAR.

Whatever they'll do, I'm sure it make things worse :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:46 pm 

Quote:
NASCAR enacts rule to keep drivers in cars during on-track incidents

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/n ... ascaronfox

What a bunch of idiots. It really drives you insane what these idiots come up with.
Why don't they just walk everybody on a leash?
Totally overreacting, as usual and as you would expect from the irrational neck crowd, something like this incident would never happened in NASCAR.
And even if, why bother, they're all adults, grant them some fuxxing responsibility and don't treat them like children.

Totally ignoring the fact that they alsready have cautions. And if you can not avoid hitting other humans on the track under caution, especially on paved oval, jeez, you oughta be kicked out the gates
It's just ridiculous

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:52 pm 

Good thing!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:15 am 

Not in my opinion, all this new rule tells is how is little confidence NASCAR has in drivers capability to learn from this incident.
It's also somewhat opportunistic imo.
They just wanna pretend they care about anything when actually they show us on a regular basis that they don't give even the slighest trace of a shit.

So typical for NASCAR

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:45 pm 

Wel well well well well well well, finally some promising news.

Now all they gotta realize is that throwing debris cautions like there's no tomorrow is harmful as hell and get rid of the Chase.
http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/ne ... 5-solution

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:49 pm 
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

What's wrong with the Chase? :?

#78 J.R. Franklin

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:57 pm 
Safety Safari
Safety Safari

J.R.Franklin wrote:

Well with the chase it comes down to a few reasons..

1. During the chase, Cup ticket prices go up.. -fail imho..

2. If you ever watch the Truck or Nationwide races, the races are just as interesting to watch without having a last 10 chase points run..

3. New rule of having to win a race, to be safely considered a place in the chase for a championship is bogus. What about the guys who perform thru out the entire year getting top 5's, with out causing damage to the equipment. Plus not fair to underfunded teams..

4. Hotel room rates (yep even in NH) go thru the roof if you attend a race during the chase part of the season. Yeah you could argue this point since they are expensive anytime a race comes to down, but every year when I go to NH race during the chase part of the season it costs me a freaking fortune.

okay.. rant off. LMAO :tongue:

But besides that, give me a beer and a truck race @ Martinsville, New Hampshire or at Bristol and I'm a happy guy!! :D

Or a road course race at the glen or Limerock! :flag:

#83 - Dave Olejniczak

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:32 am 

J.R.Franklin wrote:

The biggest problem with the Chase is that it is unfair. The Chase schedule favors certain drivers more than others.
What dertermined which tracks were in the Chase and which were not was pretty much the 2003 schedule, how ridiculous.
For example, some drivers may have 5 of their best ten tracks in the Chase, others 6,7,8 or maybe even 9.
And then there's the points reset after race 26.

What NASCAR doesn't get is that no one ever asked for artificially created drama. Orchestrated drama is not drama, it's just lame and boring. No one wants it, and it hurt NASCAR obviously.

And now they really have put a mechanism in place to guarantee having 4 drivers fighting for the "championship in the last race" :lol:
16 drivers make the Chase now, that's almost half of the fulltime drivers. Guys like Kenseth or Johnson will never miss the Chase again.
Who wouldn't feel conned? I certainly feel conned.

Why else does NASCAR have to air tons of commercials all the time of how intense and exciting NASCAR and the Chase are? Cause if they don't hammer it into everybody's brains nonstop, people might actually take a minute to think about it for themselves, well, those who still can, and see this disgrace for what it is. On a subconcious level I think everyone knows it, so they gotta keep the propaganda comin.

If it wouldn't mean taking a loss of millions of dollars annually for a few years for these teams and drivers, I think they'd long have replaced NASCAR with a new sanctioning body.
Cup series may still look like auto racing, but in my opinion it kinda isn't, and it hurts

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:52 am 
Site Admin

I'll simply quote what I posted in the Bristol thread:

Quote:
NASCAR only have a problem with image because there are people old enough to remember the old system, if some oil rich sheik came along and invented a new championship today to indulge his speed fetish (think A1GP) and started with a silly championship structure like this nobody would batt an eyelid about it.

I blame society rather than NASCAR, as dumb as Brian France is, he's only reacting to what seems to be a generation of people with absolutely no attention span, "Industry" has even shortened the length of films because they found the viewer wasn't able to hold their attention on the film past 90 minutes - the last film I remember being anywhere near the 3 hour mark was Titanic.

When you've got people who can't even sit there and watch a film for a couple of hours how can you expect them to keep attention for 10 months?

On the flip side, I can keep my attention going for 10 months, so this indulging those with no attention span does annoy me, it's why we keep two sets of scoring here at V8, not that anybody needs any reminding that Carsten will have a 3 race lead over everybody else come Homestead :lol:

The main problem (lack of attendance and tv figures) has nothing to do with the championship format and everything to do with the awful racing, single file conga lines within 5 laps like we saw last night is the reason, hopefully Brian will swallow his pride and go with the low downforce/more power/stickier tyres package the drivers want, rather than the DTM series he wants.

#8 - Ian Smythe.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:14 am 

I don't remember the early 2000's as vividly anymore, so what I don't get is why they started all those changes to begin with. I think NASCAR stood pretty solid before 2004, especially compared to today.
All of a sudden it seemed that every second had to revolve around the championship battle, and it seemed no one would ever be happy until 30 drivers were tied in points coming into the last race. The races and racing seemed to have been shoved aside.
And all that hyper aggressive marketing. I could rant on for hours and page after page about.

So I guess it was really just the fact that Brian France wanted to be a CEO, didn't matter of what or at what cost, he just wanted to be a big boy.
Too bad he's just a douche

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:46 am 

RHornacek wrote:
I could rant on for hours and page after page about.

When i read this topic, i see someone rant page after page.....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:30 am 

:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:32 pm 
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

In reading many of the comments and having been a racing/NASCAR fan for over 50 years, I must be a totally clueless idiot. :tongue: Why? Because I actually like The Chase and what it is doing for the sport on many levels.

I think it's great to finally see drivers not giving a rats ass about stroking it for a good points day and actually racing for the WIN! I think the competition this year has been great. Best in several years. Could it be even better, sure, and the folks at NASCAR are continuing to try to make it better by what looks to be a step away from the aero dependent cars on the intermediate tracks starting in 2015.

Without the Chase format, NO ONE would even be talking about the upcoming Richmond race this Saturday night. It would just be another race. But this Saturday night is "MUST SEE" racing. First of all, you've got a bunch of guys who could give a crap about points and are there to "WIN" another race. How refreshing is THAT? Then, you have the guys who need to win at all costs to even get in the Chase. Then you have the guys on the bubble who "could" still qualify for the Chase on points. Do they risk throwing all caution to the wind and going for the win or try to still have a good points race and hope to get in that way. There are a ton of interesting scenarios to watch unfold Saturday night. I can't wait. Without the Chase.... it's just another race. Ho hum. Talk about boring.

Drama is what it's all about. For the fans. For TV. For advertising dollars. You name it.

Furthermore, "change" is good. What's the old saying?.... "If you're not changing, you're not growing". Every successful company does it. If they don't, they will be left in the dust.

It's a whole different day and age now than it was "back in the day". Not only is it a different economic model, but the sport must cultivate new fans. What worked "back in the day" no longer works today. As Ian pointed out, today's youth are fickle and and have a short attention span. The "old" way just doesn't attract them. Why to do you think NASCAR is making sure that all of their tracks are updating to be wifi capable? Because if the "new" generation of fans can't use their smart phones/tablets and not be able to text, check emails go online.... they will not come back again. Why do you think NASCAR is sinking millions into the "Daytona Rising" upgrade of the speedway? To bring it up to state-of-the-art for fan amenities so it will be comparable with every top notch sporting facility in the world and to make the fan experience second to none. To keep them coming back.

All of these people who constantly grouse and whine about NASCAR are living in the past. Those days are gone and they're never coming back. The whole business model has changed and I commend NASCAR for realizing it and changing with the times. Because if they didn't, they would very quickly become irrelevant.

If you want to see how well things are going using your "old" formula of no change and just holding a race with really nothing on the line.... take a look at how the short tracks are doing around America today compared to how they were doing 30 years ago. Not so well and NASCAR has had virtually no influence over how those short track promoters run their facilities. Without the Chase, Sprint Cup would be on a path of becoming all but dead today. No one would much care about the consequences from race-to-race.

Now, we have drama. Now we have a premium on "WINNING"! Now we go into the final race of the year with 4 guys having a shot at the title. THAT'S going to be must-see!!! Contrived or not. Who cares? Not like the old days when many times the championship had been long decided several races before the final race of the year.

I could go on and on addressing all of your so-called flaws with NASCAR and The Chase, Reubin, but this post is long enough right now. :argue: :flag:

#78 J.R. Franklin

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:09 pm 

+1 Finally!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:32 pm 
Site Admin

Oh stop it with your sensible discussions, we don't do that here :lol:

We'll see how "must-see" the race is on Tuesday, NASCAR has stopped publishing TV and attendance figures, for a reason and nobody can argue those have dive bombed the last few years, but I don't personally think that has anything to do with the Chase but more the on track product.

I'm not a "playoff" fan, but this years Chase is at least going to be interesting.

#8 - Ian Smythe.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:02 am 

Slap me with a gascan :lmao:

Just browsed the NASCAR youtube channel and saw that they started upping full cup races to their channel.

I think I can make the claim that those who benefit from it have none other than myself to thank 8)

About 2 months ago or so I urged and bugged them in another one of my super convincing emails to up cup races to their channel.
Can't believe they reacted that quickly.

Man, I'm so 1337 (sometimes) 8)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:53 pm 
Site Admin

NASCAR CUP rules package 2015:
http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/ne ... cup-series

Smaller oil pan, less power (restrictor / tapered spacer plate), lower rear spoiler.

About half way there, should have left the power as it was though and cut more downforce off the cars.

No Daytona test (Pre-Season Thunder) either.

#8 - Ian Smythe.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:20 pm 

Yea, they just don't get it.

Making cars lighter again as well.

Guess it doesn't matter at this point anyway. They're all about the yellows, they throw cautons for last night's rainfall, tiny pieces of tape or rays of sunlight bouncing off the racetrack.
Until this changes, which may likely be never, it doesn't matter what they do

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:52 pm 

Just realized they're not gonna be allowed to test at all.

Wouldn't be surprised, if Chad Knaus and Jimmie Johnson are not attending christmas dinners this year :lmao:
I guess on no other day are you less likely to get caught testing lol

Profile E-mail  

[ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next