Login   * Register * FAQ
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:29 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: SRD AJI Press Releases
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:13 pm 
Site Admin

#45 teams present vehicles for Winter '09

--College Station, TX

Stephen Jones' #45 teams presented the Lites and Trucks vehicles for the upcoming season today at Texas World Speedway. The #45 Chevrolet Cobalt SS will be sponsored by Lego, who are a long-term associate of Stephen Jones. Lego, the plastic brick giant, continued sponsorship that began in the V8 Thunder All-Star race last summer. The #45 Chevrolet Silverado is this year sponsored by Blockbuster, a worldwide leader in home entertainment rental. Jones has been testing hard at Texas ahead of the season-opening rounds of both championships.

The #45 Lego Chevrolet Cobalt SS

The #45 Blockbuster Chevrolet Silverado

Andrew Jones - #77, shifts permitting.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:02 pm 
1000+ posts! I'm a V8T nutter!

More great looking cars from SRD

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:04 pm 
Fastest Lap!
Fastest Lap!

omg u released them b4 me ...

its ok :D

#45 SRDAJI LegoRacing Chevy - Lites & Trucks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

iamsa8 wrote:
omg u released them b4 me ...

its ok :D

;) teamwork

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:20 am 
Fastest Lap!
Fastest Lap!

good... no, Great Minds thinks alike :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:19 pm 
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

here is a quick picture of my truck, it is not in the truck carpack put i put a link to the file on the texas thread.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:09 pm 
Site Admin

Lites round 1 - Texas World Speedway

--College Station, TX

A dream start for SRD AJI as they won the first two races of the new season.

Race 1 - #45 Stephen Jones scored his maiden win in the Lites series in race 1, #77 Andrew Jones getting a top 5, whilst #4 David Bischoff survived a late race wreck in a battle for the lead to come back strong later in the day.

#45 Stephen Jones scores his first win

Race 2 - While the Jones boys had to park their cars, David Bischoff regained his form from Homestead last year when he swept the field to head to victory lane, his second career victory and his first for SRD AJI. When the team was in crisis pre-season, no-one could have ever expected the new team to shut-out the opposition in such fine style.

#4 David Bischoff makes it 2 wins from 2 for the team

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:10 pm 
Site Admin

Trucks round 1 - Texas World Speedway

--College Station, TX

The three SRD AJI drivers all made their Truck series debut Wednesday night at Texas World Speedway. A large field of trucks entered the first event of the season and the fast drafting racing action was good. Andrew Jones suffered the disappointment of having to park his truck following a wreck with the #07 of Gino Martens, ending up 23rd. Stephen Jones followed his win in Lites with another competitive showing, running with the leaders before retiring 18th. David Bischoff had an eventful day, losing a lap and the getting it back to finish 21st.

The field take the green flag at Texas

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:42 am 
Fastest Lap!
Fastest Lap!

Great Effects :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:29 am 
Fastest Lap!
Fastest Lap!

btw CCM is working fantastically :D thanks :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:33 am 
Site Admin

iamsa8 wrote:
btw CCM is working fantastically :D thanks :D

Happy to help, now you help me to stop spinning lol. 100 penalty points this week, all from spins.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:45 pm 
Site Admin

#4 Chevrolet Silverado Unveiled

--Mooresville, NC

SRD AJI is pleased to unveil the Winter 2009 TrackIR Chevrolet Silverado #4 Truck to be driven in the V8 Thunder Trucks series by David Bischoff. The English driver, who has won 2 of the last 4 Lites series races, had to drive his World Championship truck in the opening round at Texas World Speedway as his new truck was not finished due to an 11th hour decision to run a full trucks program this season. TrackIR, his main sponsor on the Lites car, has expanded it's sponsorship as Bischoff chases two rookie titles in his first full season.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:59 am 
Site Admin

Lites Round 2 - Talladega Superspeedway

--Talladega, AL

Back to reality for the new team

Race 1 - After moving up to 2nd from a 12th place start, #77 Andrew Jones' race ended prematurely following a collision with #30 Ashley Teagle. #4 David Bischoff also wrecked to finish 8th while Stephen Jones brought the #45 home in 6th place.

#77 Jones enjoying his most competitive run since Lime Rock as the field enters Turn 3 at over 190 Mph

Race 2 - An ill-executed bumpdraft from Andrew Jones to Stephen Jones resulted in damage that compromised the #77, the #45 later suffered technical issues that led to a 9th place finish, 4 laps down. Bischoff wrecked 13 laps from the end to finish 10th, the #77 attempted to push him back to the pit but was disqualified for his efforts and was classified 11th. All in all, not the way SRD AJI hoped to follow up the success of the opening round.

Jones Snr spins Jones Jnr following a botched bumpdraft while #61 Johnstone is an innocent victim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:16 pm 
Site Admin

Trucks Round 2 - Talladega Superspeedway

--Talladega, AL

A better week in Trucks for the SRD AJI rookies with all 3 posting career best finishes. #4 David Bischoff proved his competitiveness as he ran with the leaders for most of the day and led a lap before clipping the apron in turn 4, causing a wreck that saw Ian Smiff enter the tri-oval on his roof. He finished 12th. #77 Andrew Jones recovered from 4 consecutive V8 Thunder DNF's to make a cautious run to stay out of trouble and a late brush of the wall cost him a chance to race for the win as he finished 9th. #45 Stephen Jones led 2 laps, a mistake entering the pits did not cost him as he scored SRD AJI's best ever Truck Series finish as he came home 6th, half a second behind the race winner.

Somehow #45 Stephen Jones made it through "the Big One" unscathed to race to 6th

"Anyone but the Lites Series Director" - David Bischoff, as his #4 wrecks the #06 of Ian Smiff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:03 pm 
Fastest Lap!
Fastest Lap!

#45 @ Lites Round 3 - Rockingham Motor Speedway

--Corby, Northamptonshire

Not a great Weekend for the #45 Lites Crew with a 8th and 6th Place finish at Rockingham. In the first race #45 got spun around on the first corner in the practice start, and the race start. with some suspected engine troubles he then fought a hard, but lonely race to finish 8th, after being lapped 5 laps before the finish. luckily the team managed to do a complete ring and valve on the engine before the second race. it was not much luckier then though either. on lap one, the #77 got spun and stranded in between T2 & T3. with the #45 having locked brakes, and nowhere to go. it took out the #77 and damaged the steering on the Lego Chevy. the #45 then cruised around to finish a leisurely 6th. "we knew from the start that this round was not well suited to us. and i am quite happy with the result. we got a consistent showing in the points, and that's what matters. i'd like to thank the SRD AJI Crew, who put in a great effort fixing and setting up the car. and also sorry to A.Jones (#77) for ruining his race. now all we can do is practice practice practice for North Wilkes". -- Stephen Jones.

Except for an exhibition run in the trucks tomorow, this will be the last race of the season for Stephen Jones. "Daylight savings is wrecking havok with my race timetable, school is clashing with racing, and my parents are quick to remind me where my priorities lie!" -- Stephen Jones

#45 Forgets to Add the #77 to the Do-not Hit list

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:26 am 
Site Admin

Lites Round 3 - Rockingham Motor Speedway

--Corby, UK

Race 1

There was no answer to the pace of Thierry Haenel in the Sprint race; David Bischoff scored a fine 2nd place in his first Rockingham start, holding off a charging Kris Vickers. Andrew Jones was once again involved in a first lap wreck, he drove the damaged #77 home to finish 9th, Stephen Jones finishing 1 place and 1 lap ahead in 8th.

#4 David Bischoff leads home #147 Kris Vickers following a race-long battle over 2nd place.

Race 2

A big wreck on the 1st lap saw all 3 SRD AJI cars damaged, #77 Andrew Jones eventually retiring due to engine failure after 11 laps, scored 10th. #4 David Bischoff held off #30 Ashley Teagle to finish 4th, #45 Stephen Jones lapped alone for much of the race to finish 6th. This race marked the debut of Andrew Jones as acting crew chief on the #4 due to his early exit from the race.

Andrew Jones - "After retiring the #77 car with a blown engine, I decided to help out Bisch; to compete for the win, we needed a caution that didn't come, the car's handling was off due to damage and the subsequent tyre wear meant that David was looking backwards, not forwards. To his credit, he held off Teagle who seemed to have a faster car and got a decent finish out of a bad situation."

#897 Thierry Haenel (foreground) joins the 3 SRD AJI cars in 1st lap wrecks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:38 am 
Site Admin

Trucks Round 3 - Rockingham Motor Speedway

--Corby, UK

There was heartbreak in the practice session for the #4 team, as despite being quickest of the SRD AJI trucks, a practice wreck caused damage that was too substantial for the team to repair and so David Bischoff missed his home race and had to take a provisional. Andrew Jones qualified the #77 Chevrolet in 13th, just the kind of luck he didn't need, as avoiding the spinning #147 and #897 on the backstretch on lap 1, he went low and ended up nose first in the tirewall, engine killed and retiring for the 6th time in 9 starts this season, scored 19th and last. Stephen Jones put the #45 Blockbuster Silverado in 11th, retiring after 23 laps and finishing 17th.

#77 Andrew Jones follows #45 Stephen Jones into turn 2 on the first lap - seconds later he was in the tirewall and retiring again.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:41 pm 

SRD team boss races with injury

Reports have come out, that SRD team boss Simon Topham raced this past week at Rockingham carrying a hand injury. When asked by the waiting press at the team's HQ in Corby, Northamptonshire, Simon had this to say;

"Its true that I have done the trucks race and the inters race while carrying a hand injury. While i was at home last weekend, I tripped over while holding a plug, which cut a small area next to my thumb. Its healed up nicely, so wasn't too much of a pain. I have since cut a finger on my right hand"

With one of the newer tracks to V8 Thunder coming up, Simon was excited about maintaining his good start in the trucks series;

"I've made a much better start ion trucks than I was expecting. Inters hasn't been so good, but I'm sure I can turn that around. North Wilkesboro is a fun track to drive. I don't really understand why NASCAR stopped racing here, but continue to go to places like Darlington, where the racing is terrible."

There was also praise for the 3 newest members of the SRD team;

"Our 3 new drivers have been doing a good job. Andrew has been unlucky to not finish more races, but things can turn around. To start things off with a win each for Stephen and David in Lites was special and both have been performing well in trucks. It was a great choice in signing all 3"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:14 am 
Site Admin

#77 Lites Team pressure from sponsors

--North Wilksboro, NC

Rumours around the garage area ahead of tomorrow night's Lites championship Round 7 and 8 are that the #77 SRD AJI Chevrolet may be having problems with their sponsor, Jim Beam Black. Jim Beam made it no secret that it sponsored the #77 believing that Andrew Jones would be racing for the Championship this year. However, two finishes from six races so far has not impressed the Bourbon giant, it seems that Beam may be considering removing it's logos from the #77 unless it starts finishing races. Whilst it is clear that Andrew Jones has experienced an amount of bad luck so far this season, the performance level is expected to rise this week as the series visits the first short-track of the season at North Wilkesboro.

Andrew Jones (Driver of the #77 Jim Beam Black Chevrolet) - "Jim Beam are unhappy with the way the season has gone so far and we share their view; 3 finishes from 9 races across the V8 Thunder leagues is not good enough. When I came to this league, I brought patience and a desire to finish the races at all costs. It seems that as the momentum has built with the rookie title and the business with the team, I have lost my focus on that. Maybe I have made some moves that I wouldn't have before, sure there has been bad luck but that has always been there, it's just how you ride it. I think that we can get back on track this week with 3 finishes, I love short-track racing, the kind of incidents that have taken me out so far just don't tend to happen at them. I'm looking to be patient and to have a car that can race in the last 10 laps."

[When asked about the exorcism of the #77, Jones replied] "That was all a bit of fun, I don't believe in all that, the number isn't cursed, it never was. We are just using all our bad luck up early in the season; everyone else will have it to come and then watch us get some quality results. We can still be poster boys for Jim Beam, it might just take a little time but things will be improving from now on."

#77 Crew go to work again to service and fix damage @ Talladega, one of many such stops this season

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:57 pm 
Site Admin

Breaking News - Jim Beam to sever ties with #77 Team?

--North Wilkesboro, NC

Further to the rumours circulating the garage area, it is understood that Jim Beam representatives refused to meet with Andrew Jones, driver of the #77 Jim Beam Black Chevrolet Cobolt SS. It appears that another afternoon of wrecking at the racetrack by Jones was not the performance they wanted to see, it is possible that the deal could be ended in the very near future.

Jones overworks the #77 Crew again as he destroys another car

[ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next