Login   * Register * FAQ
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:08 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Team Ecosse Autumn 2008 Press Releases
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:52 pm 
Site Admin

Team Ecosse return to the track for another crack at the team titles they won in the Summer 2007 season.
After the influx of drivers into Team Ecosse in the Summer 08 season everyone has a big part to play this season. Some drivers are majoring on Trucks, some Trophy and some even both.

The main Trucks team has some familiar faces doing the full-time running. #144 Derek Howe and #09 Steve Smith return after limited drives last season. Derek managed a 5th at Lowes while Steve could only manage 9th at 'Dega from his 5 starts. Interesting fact...Derek has had only 1 DNF in his 65 Trucks starts (engine failure naturally). Now there is a man that can look after his equipment!

SoCal resident #65 Jonas Marquez returns for his 5th season in Trucks (54 starts) having proudly collected a Gentleman Racer award and a string of top 10s last time. With a best ever Trucks finish of 4th, he's wants to grab a podium (top step preferably).

Also from Stateside is #22 Thomas Hendrickson. Thomas was a very late signing in fact last man in but this didn't stop him having a stellar debut season. Thomas finished top 5 in Trucks and only missed a race top ten once. The highlight though was his Homestead win, Team Ecosse's first in trucks, ensuring that they had won a race in all V8T series.

Thomas Hendrickson wrote:
After finally scoring the first Truck victory for Team Ecosse in the finale at Homestead last season, I look forward to continuing where I left off and hopefully capturing more race wins this season. Erik has been the driving force for our team in recent Truck seasons and will be a big loss, but with Steve and Derek back with the team full-time I think we will have a good shot at the Teams Championship. With over 40 entries for this season this looks to be one of the most competitive fields yet at V8T.

Testing at Michigan:

#38 Erik Gelotte is taking a well-earned V8T break to do some road course racing for Team Ecosse in other series (click our logo please ^)

#91 Dave Luoto and #32 Davey Zoutenbier are taking part-time drives in Trucks as they look to focus on Trophy - more about that campaign tomorrow :)

Zoutenbier was so far ahead we couldn't get him in that shot ^ :P

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Team Ecosse Autumn 2008 Press Releases
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:44 pm 
Site Admin

No-one spotted the deliberate mistake in the first line. TE won Trucks and Inters, not Trophy!

Furthermore, I forgot this, sorry Davey :)

Davey Zoutenbier wrote:
After 1 season at Team Ecosse I am looking forward to perform this season after settling in the team. Hopefully I wil race more this season after some personal life things that weren't going as good as I wanted. However let's look to the future and put the past behind us, with this team we are definitely into scoring alot of points and maybe win the championship.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:50 pm 
Site Admin

The Trophy main team sees a quite different bunch of drivers:

Former Trophy champion #91 Dave Luoto has spent the majority of his V8T career in Trophy with 6 poles, 5 wins and that all important GRA in his 92 Trophy starts.

Dave Luoto wrote:
I'm looking forward to some good runs in Trophy this season, hopefully a bit more consistent than last year's campaign, which featured a lot of frustrating technical glitches. Happy to remain at Team Ecosse, with great team mates who well understand the difference between sportsmanship and gamesmanship, and who also provide some hilarious moments on Ventrilo.

#76 Morten Straus is in his second Trophy season after finishing just outside the top ten with a best of 5th at Kansas from 7 starts. Morten is a seasoned V8 runner though with another 100 starts across Lites, Trucks and Inters but Trophy will be his focus this time. With a couple of 2nd places we hope this is the season that sees him get to Victory Lane.

#32 Davey Zoutenbier is a former Lites Independent Champion and GRA winner. Davey had a pretty tough rookie season in Trophy but hopes to come back with a vengeance and is feeling fast. With Lites race wins at Michigan and Texas he'll be looking to so to do the same in the top series.

Davey Zoutenbier wrote:
After a difficult starting year in Trohpy, its time to get bloody serious now.
Last season I had some ups and downs, there where some tracks I had a pretty good car and strategy.
This year I think me and my team mates will be definitely stronger compared to last year and together we will try to take the championship! Team Spirit is always high in our team, so no doubt this is going to be an awesome year.

I'm up for the fight, are u in?

Back to back wins at Rockingham and Lowes brought #22 Thomas Hendrickson to everyone's attention early last season. A couple of mid-season DNF's together with having to miss a few races mean't he just missed out by 75 points back in 4th for the overall title. To put Thomas's Team Ecosse debut season into context he equalled the amount of wins outside of Lites that any of TE's other drivers have managed over several seasons. This means of course that race wins are now what we come to expect of him!

Thomas Hendrickson wrote:
The Trophy series provides the type of racing I love most, long green flag stints where you really find out who is the best at conserving their stuff. After a pair of race wins and a legitimate shot at the championship last season, I look forward to finishing the job this time around.

The Trophy "B" team is made up of Trucks regulars #09 Steve Smith, #65 Jonas Marquez and #144 Derek Howe. Jonas and Derek are running part-time but Steve will try and make all the races.

Steve Smith wrote:
Although I have Trophy experience I am way behind the field on COT due to not having the equipment to be able to run it last season. All that is sorted though and I'm excited to be coming back. During initial tests I found the cars surprisingly feisty and I feel like a real rookie - it will be a big learning experience! Good luck to all Team Ecosse drivers in both series.

Talladega testing:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:34 pm 
Site Admin

...from Bristol Motor Speedway, TN: Good ol' boys set to reach double-century landmark

Seems like there'll be a bit of a party going on at Team Ecosse in Bristol this Wednesday night. By some quirk of fate team-mates Derek Howe and Steve Smith should both make their 200th V8 Thunder league start in the Trucks race.

Driver of the Old El Paso #144 truck, Derek made his debut in the Autumn 2005 Lites season finale bringing home a pair of top 10 finishes at Rockingham. Subway #09 driver Steve was a rookie in the RAH CUP league at the time and Derek recommended he give V8 a try. Steve's debut came 4 races into the Lites Winter 2006 season, also at Rockingham - where he managed a top 5.

OK so lets do the stats...Derek is a monster at bringing the car home in one piece with an incredible 3 DNFs in those 199 starts - and 2 of those were in Lites. Removing those from the equation he has just 1 DNF across the top level series in 169 starts (cue a L1 wipeout for him this week).

Steve has a much better grasp of how not to finish a race with 17 DNFs and a fair few penalties in trying to get a win over the seasons. One thing still elusive though is a pole...maybe it's time to start trying to get another tick in the box!

SteveS wrote:
It's fitting that we hit 200 together, we spend alot of time in close proximity on the track and I'm sure the amount of times I've hit Derek can be counted on only one hand! Here's to plenty more (starts not wrecks)

In the thick of it, Michigan, Autumn '08

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:46 pm 
1000+ posts! I'm a V8T nutter!

Good luck with your 200th races tomorrow night, Derek and Steve. If either of you win, I'll send you a fancy TE t-shirt. Could a guy need any more motivation? :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:48 pm 

All the more reason for SRD to beat them :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:25 pm 
SRD :lol:

[ 7 posts ]